Welcome to Dalbeattie Sport Hub
The community sport hub initiative, Sportscotland’s contribution to the Scottish Government’s 2014 legacy plan, is an exciting and innovative approach to the development of sport in local clubs and communities. It is designed to increase the number of people of all ages participating in sport across Scotland.
Sports clubs working together for a healthy and happy Dalbeattie
What the community sport hub aims to achieve in Dalbeattie
- A partnership where a range of local sports can work together.
- Training and development of the people that make sport happen.
- An integrated approach led by local partners.
- Self sustainable sports clubs/organisations.
- Genuine community engagement and leadership.
- Improved access to facilities at affordable prices.
How will we do this?
The Dalbeattie Community Sport Hub steering group will manage the development of the hub. The steering group is a partnership between Dalbeattie High School, Active Schools, Healthy Dalbeattie and Local Sport Clubs.`
The steering group is always looking to include more volunteers able to make a contribution to the development of grassroots sport in Dalbeattie
The steering group is continually consulting with individuals and groups to establish the recreational needs of the community. This information then informs the plans that the steering group works towards.
Our priorities for the next six months are to:
- Help promote the sports and activities that are currently running in Dalbeattie.
- Organise and deliver volunteer training to support people who would like to organise new activities.
- Help clubs organise new initiatives with local partners to increase their memberships.
- Identify barriers to people taking part in physical activity and help address them.
- Provide opportunities for young people to take part in more physical activity
- Increase the opportunities for partnerships working between clubs and organisations